- 2 MONTHS / DAY SHIFTCourse Duration
- BeginnerSkill level
- 19 Jan, 2019Admission Deadline
New adventures, special friendships, and exciting challenges are awaiting you and your children this season with our Summer Camp Language Developmental Program.
Register any time between June 01 and August 31 for 3 hours maximum from Monday through Friday. The program is offered to children between the ages of 2.5 to 17 years old.
Wit our Spanish program, students learn their second or third language while strengthening other important skills that ate part of their intellectual and emotional growth and development. This program is also offered on a weekly basis during spring and winter breaks.
The program includes:
- Latin American rhythms: cumbia, salsa and merengue.
- Basic concepts of drums and congas.
- Basic yoga and aerobic exercises.
- Arts and crafts with nature and trash.
- Fun with reading, counting, and sorting.
- Using Spanish story telling and role-playing.
- Cultural and interactive games such as bingo, circle time, memory games and outdoor activities.
- Field trips conducted in both English and Spanish.
- Spanish science projects.
- Spanish basic concepts.
MY SPANISH BUDDY & ME:
SINGING SPANISH WITH PRESCHOOLERS:
Children ages 3 to 5 years can start to develop Spanish listening comprehension skills as they sing, play games in circle time, assume different roles, recite verses about commands, body parts, colors, numbers, animals, places, and family. Utterances of words come after a reasonable exposure to the language and the child’s brain has processed the information previously heard. Students start to associate the spoken words with the written words through sight-word recognition.